Remember that Friends episode where the "Top 5" was invented, or at least made mainstream? I'll set the scene....
Chandler: Well, we have a deal where we each get to pick five different celebrities that we can sleep with, and the other one can't get mad.
Ross: Ah, the heart of every healthy relationship: Honesty, respect, and sex with celebrities.
Monica: So, Chandler... who's on your list?
Chandler: Uh, Kim Basinger, Cindy Crawford, Halle Berry, Yasmine Bleeth, and, ah, Jessica Rabbit.
Rachel: Now, you do realize that she's a cartoon... and way out of your league?
Chandler: I know, I know, I just always wondered if I could get her eyes to pop out of her head.
Rachel: Oh, I don't know. I guess... Chris O'Donnel, John F. Kennedy, Jr., Daniel Day Lewis, Sting, and Parker Stevenson.
Ross: And... Isabella Rossillini.
Chandler: Oho! Very hot, very sexy. But, uh, ya know, she's too international, ya know. She's never gonna be around.
Rachel: So?
Chandler: So, you gotta play the odds: Pick somebody who's gonna be in the country, like, all the time.
Rachel: Yeah, 'cause that's why you won't get Isabella Rossillini--geography.
For year's my girlfriend's and I would make our "Top 5" lists. I was never one to laminate (there's that fear of commitment again) and my list changed often. I even invented a "hip replacement"....someone that you are into right now...maybe they have a new album or a new movie and I'm into them right now, but would never really add them to the permanent list.

I've gone through the likes of Nick Carter (in my Backstreet Boy days), Antonio Sabato, Jr (in my meat head days), Tim McGraw, Tom Cruise (yes, I'll admit it), and some other usual suspects. I have had a couple of constants though....Matthew McConaughey is a staple and Clooney will always be king. I'm a freak over Taylor Kitsch (when Friday Night Lights is on)Leo creeps in and off the list with regularity as do Matt and Ben. Right now I'm also into James McAvoy and David Beckham (who wouldn't be). I've never really been a big Brad fan or into Johnny Depp, but do digg on some Hugh Grant, Colin Firth, and Paul Bettany. (kind of on a Brit kick, huh?).
Coming up with Top 5's is one of my favorite things to do - - - even though I can never commit. I even like to make up variations....Top 5 Over 50 (Redford, Brosnan, etc), Top 5 Black Guys (Denzel, Don Cheadle, Shamar Moore, etc). Oh the fun you can have with Top 5 lists.
Who's on your Top 5?
No comments:
Post a Comment