It all started Thursday night with our monthly girls night of Sushi & Champagne. Sara hosted this month's in her darling new house, which is incidentially just a few blocks away from me. We also chose to dine on pizza this month since we have a few pregnant "members" and sushi just really hasn't been satisfying our hunger as of late. It was probably one of the more tame evenings and ended at a respective hour for a change. Thanks for hosting Sara! Click here to see more pics from July's Sushi & Champagne.
Friday afternoon my brother and sister-in-law headed down to Austin for the night before heading to San Antonio for a wedding on Saturday night. Rusty hit the clubs with Majors, while Carly played around town in Austin. We met up with the boys for a fun dinner at Maudie's. After dinner we parted ways and I went downtown to meet up with the Dive Bar Night crew and they went back to the Majors for some late night fun. It's a shame neither one of them have a blog, so you'll have to just ask them about the rave they decided to crash. Too funny.

Saturday night it was off to the Nutty Brown Cafe for the Randy Rogers concert. I'm sure you are all painfully aware of just how much I love Randy Rogers. I just can't get enough of him and his music. So, anytime you want to check him out, I'd happily attend a show with any of you. None of the group....Mike and Renee, Wendy, Katie, Ashley, and I....had ever been out to Nutty Brown, which is about 20 minutes west of Austin. We were all pleasantly surprised by our experience. Upon arrival we opted to upgrade our standing room only tickets for a "VIP" table....worth every penny. From there we enjoyed a yummy dinner, lots of ice cold beer, and some darn good country music. I was in hog heaven. Special thanks to Mike....our fearless designated driver for hauling us girls around for the night. Click here for more pics from Randy Rogers.
After Randy Rogers, we decided to head downtown to let the fun continue. There we met up with lots of friends....guys who had played in Links and Drinks, guys from the kickball tournament, etc, etc. Our group dispersed a bit and ended up at Ego's for some Karaoke with Ted, Joe, Ryan, and Kyle. What an adorable creepy little place that is. By the time we got to Ego's, we were too late to get in on any good karaoke action, so we took matters into our own hands and hit Austin Karaoke for some late night singing (and we picked up Ash along the way).
From past blog entries, I'm sure you can gather that (1) I love Austin Karaoke and (2) we clearly have zero fun while there. You know, there are pros and cons about a place that stays open until 4am. The pro....it's open when everything else is closing down. The cons...it's a time warp and you actually end up staying until 4am. Fun at the time, but not so fun the next day. I guess that's why we only make an appearance a few times a year.

So, we got our room and proceeded to belt out tunes like Every Rose Has It's Thorn, Twist and Shout, Daydream Believer, and the like. It was all fun and games until a woman who I can only refer to as "Black Velvet" infiltrated my camp. It was her birthday and evidentially her friends had ditched her, so she proceeded to hang in our room where she grossly exceeded her welcome. Thanks goes to Ryan for giving her the final boot. Click here for more pics from Austin Karaoke.
meet "Black Velvet"
Yesterday, after sleeping in, I hit the pool with Ash for some sun and a cold plunge and ended the weekend by seeing The Dark Knight....which I loved.
All in all a great weekend. I got in quite a bit of activities and got to catch up with lots of friends. Back to the rat race today, but am thrilled about my short week.....leave for Montana on Thursday. It sure is tough being me!
2 comments:
Have a great trip to Montana, one of my favorite vacation spots
Why do I always let Leigh haze me!?!
Post a Comment