And that's exactly what I did last week on my family vacation to sunny Seaside, Florida. For the first time, the Edgar family (that's my fam) and the Evans family (that's my sister-in-law's fam) decided to take a summer vacation together. Let's take a minute to meet the players...
Fred...my dadaka Fredgar, Big Fred, Derf, Grandaddy, Big Cobra, Freddie, The Seed
Suzanne...my momaka Suzie, Mama Suze
Meaka Leigh Leigh, LG
Rusty...my little brotheraka Little Russ, Russell, Russman, Scraggs, Ruckle
Carly...my sister-in-lawaka Carls
Perry...my nieceaka Wink, Cuddles, Baby Girl
Jim....Carly's dadaka Big Daddy, Yimmy, Big Jim, Bubba
Lisa...Carly's momaka Mona
Jessie....Carly's sisteraka Poodle, Puddles
It all started Friday, June 20th...my mom's bday. The Evans Family (Mona, Jimmy, and Jessie) hit the road from Dallas as my parents headed south to Austin to pick me up for the drive to Florida. After two days on the road, we arrived in Seaside, Florida Saturday evening where we settled into our house for the week. The gang was complete when Rusty, Carly, and Little Perry (aka "the skaters") flew into town early Saturday morning and it was off to the beach.
We spent the trip relaxing on the beach, laying out by the pool, walking around the darling towns of Seaside and Rosemary Beach, shopping, and eating on delicious food.

Our house was actually in Seacrest, Florida - - - which is nestled in the middle of County Road 30A in between Destin and Panama City. Along the 18 miles of beaches are several adorable little towns....Grayton Beach, Watercolor, Seaside, and Rosemary Beach....each with their own style and unique, charming atmosphere. I have really never seen anything quite like it. It was really a little "Pleasantville" where nothing bad seems to happen, where the beautiful people are, where everyone is tanned and blonde and dolled up in their best Lilly Pulitzer and Vineyard Vines. The town of Seaside is actually where the filmed The Truman Show. My favorite was actually Rosemary Beach and we are already looking into options for renting a place there next year.
We spent the trip relaxing on the beach, laying out by the pool, walking around the darling towns of Seaside and Rosemary Beach, shopping, and eating on delicious food.
Our house was actually in Seacrest, Florida - - - which is nestled in the middle of County Road 30A in between Destin and Panama City. Along the 18 miles of beaches are several adorable little towns....Grayton Beach, Watercolor, Seaside, and Rosemary Beach....each with their own style and unique, charming atmosphere. I have really never seen anything quite like it. It was really a little "Pleasantville" where nothing bad seems to happen, where the beautiful people are, where everyone is tanned and blonde and dolled up in their best Lilly Pulitzer and Vineyard Vines. The town of Seaside is actually where the filmed The Truman Show. My favorite was actually Rosemary Beach and we are already looking into options for renting a place there next year.
The restaurants were fabulous and the fresh seafood was delicious. Some of my faves were:
the Mojito at Bud & Alley's,
the scallop ceviche and Pasionfruit Sangria at Criolla's
the Mojito at Bud & Alley's,
the scallop ceviche and Pasionfruit Sangria at Criolla's
the Grouper and Grits at Great Southern Cafe (my fave)
the fried shrimp and the iced tea at The Seagrove Village Market Cafe
and the fried oyster salad at Cafe Thirty A.
the fried shrimp and the iced tea at The Seagrove Village Market Cafe
and the fried oyster salad at Cafe Thirty A.
Some other highlights included...
Big Jim getting fried the first day in the sun and then having to where socks and tennis shoes on the beach and in the ocean for the rest of the trip. Classic.
Big Fred almost dying after a hot day on the golf course. Here he is cooling off.
Cute Perry Girl sporting her new signature move...the monkey face...which indicated she is crashing and must be put to bed. Too cute.
Mona the sun goddess having her chair moved a couple of inches by her cabana boys....Bubba and Bubba.
Perry in her "Little Miss Sunshine" glasses
Poor Rusty and Carly getting up every morning at 5:22am and going on the worlds longest walks thanks to their little darling Perry girl.
And last but not least I did actually jot down a few quotes from the trip. Here's a bit of what was overheard in Florida.
"I've never roughed it." - Mona......."Didn't you go on a Carnival cruise?" -Rusty
"Its the best shirt I own right now honey." -Jimmy
"I'm makin friends with this." -Mona
"I think I'm gonna start drinking." -Suzanne
"I don't do physical activity." -Leigh
"I think I'm gonna be a stripper because I like being naked." -Suzanne
"This group talks about poop more than anyone I know." -Leigh
"I thought Brady's big head about did you in." -Suzanne
"He looks great in shorts." - Fred
"Its like Jared" -Jimmy
"Do you think I'm gonna make Leigh Leigh's blog?" -Jimmy
"I used to take showers with black people." -Jimmy
"Its a good thing you have a Bubba." -Suzanne
"It just occurred to me that I stared this whole thing.....it was my seed." -Fred
"I'd just like to take a sip of something and not gag." -Suzanne
"You can't fart on que." -Jimmy
"I can't go public." -Suzanne
"There's nothing I haven't seen." -Jimmy
"I mean that kids gonna assassinate Barack Obama." -Jimmy
"Its like Jared" -Jimmy
"Do you think I'm gonna make Leigh Leigh's blog?" -Jimmy
"I used to take showers with black people." -Jimmy
"Its a good thing you have a Bubba." -Suzanne
"It just occurred to me that I stared this whole thing.....it was my seed." -Fred
"I'd just like to take a sip of something and not gag." -Suzanne
"You can't fart on que." -Jimmy
"I can't go public." -Suzanne
"There's nothing I haven't seen." -Jimmy
"I mean that kids gonna assassinate Barack Obama." -Jimmy
Thanks for a great trip everyone!!! Can't wait for the next one. Click here to see the rest of my pics from The Edgar/Evans Big Chill.
No comments:
Post a Comment