
First the tomato, now the jalapeno!?!?! I haven't been watching much news recently (blame it on the barrage of addicting shows on Bravo these days), so this may not exactly be breaking news to any of you, but it was to me.
As I settled into lunch at Zuzu's...one of my favorite mexican haunts, I was taken aback after my first bite....not because it was too spicy mind you - - - but because there was zero spice. I inquired at the counter and they said that the (raw) jalapeno has been added to the "do not eat" list due to the salmonella scare....along with the serrano and cilantro. So that pretty much rules out salsa....and anything else tex-mex. HOLY GUACAMOLE.
As I settled into lunch at Zuzu's...one of my favorite mexican haunts, I was taken aback after my first bite....not because it was too spicy mind you - - - but because there was zero spice. I inquired at the counter and they said that the (raw) jalapeno has been added to the "do not eat" list due to the salmonella scare....along with the serrano and cilantro. So that pretty much rules out salsa....and anything else tex-mex. HOLY GUACAMOLE.
No comments:
Post a Comment