
I'm starting to think if I were a celebrity....I might be a bit of a diva. Might be? Ok, pretty much guaranteed. But I contend I would never even come close to the Diva queen...Mariah Carey (and I mean the real one, not Ashley's dog). I started thinking about it after watching a tv show on celebrity riders.
What's a rider you ask?
Well it's a section in the celebrity's contract that "includes specifications on stage design, sound systems, lighting rigs, as well as an artist's wish list--from transportation and billing to dressing room accommodations and meals." In most cases, celebs usually get what they want....an arrangement of tulips, roses, gardenias, and lilies (Janet Jackson); a box of Montecristo Cuban Cigars (50 Cent); a white room, white flowers, white tables and/or table cloths, which drapes, white candles, white couches (Jennifer Lopez).
One of my faves comes from Snoop. He requests...
What's a rider you ask?
Well it's a section in the celebrity's contract that "includes specifications on stage design, sound systems, lighting rigs, as well as an artist's wish list--from transportation and billing to dressing room accommodations and meals." In most cases, celebs usually get what they want....an arrangement of tulips, roses, gardenias, and lilies (Janet Jackson); a box of Montecristo Cuban Cigars (50 Cent); a white room, white flowers, white tables and/or table cloths, which drapes, white candles, white couches (Jennifer Lopez).
One of my faves comes from Snoop. He requests...
VERY IMPORTANT: Snoop's dressing room should have one (1) complete Sony PlayStation with miscellaneous 1999 sport video cartridges (Madden 99, NBA Live 99, NCAA College 99, Triple Play 99, and 4 controls). and an appropriate video screen. This must be rented and should be included in hospitality as a minimum show cost but will not be allowed as a show cost if purchased. Please trust that this will be some of the most important money you spend.
Now that's some funny stuff. Click here for some fun time reading of other celebrity's riders.
I have a bit of experience with riders. Back in college when I worked for Young Country (a country radio station that used to air in Dallas), I would often have to fulfill riders for miscellaneous concerts and the like. Interesting stuff.
Like any normal person I decided to draft my rider should Leigh Leigh Land really hit it big. So without further adieu I present to you some of what would be on the rider for Leigh Edgar...the celebrity.
- One 6 pack of 32 oz Evian bottled water (room temperature)
- One 12 pack of Fresca (cans, original citrus flavor, cooled at least two hours prior to arrival)
- There is to be NO deli meat of any kind.
- Two bottles of Veuve Clicquot champagne
- Four champagne glasses (glass or crystal - no plastic)
- 24 Styrofoam cups (20oz, imprinted in brown ink with the Miss Edgar's initials in the following order, LEL, with the E larger than the Ls)
- The temperature in the room must be cooled to no higher than 64 degrees in the summer and 74 degrees in the winter unless otherwise requested by Miss Edgar.
- One iPod docking station/speaker set that will fit the iPod Classic (80 gig). Docking station much be wireless, must be fully charged and come with a remote control.
- Please provide a variety of fresh fruit excluding bananas and any melons. Berries and pineapple is preferred.
- Queso, chips, and salsa from Mia's (Dallas, TX). Queso must be warmed upon Miss Edgar's arrival.
- One 12 pack of 16oz Gatorade (orange flavored)
- One gallon of fresh brewed iced-tea (from Bubba's in Dallas). This should be accompanied by sweet n' low, lemon wedges cut into quarters (not slices), but , and at least one dozen 32 oz styrofoam cups with lids and straws.
- 2 mid-sized portable floor fans (Voronado brand)
- For every chair there must be an accompanying ottoman.
- One handle of Tito's Vodka.
- 12 limes, quartered into wedges (not sliced)
- Two mid sized hydrangea floral arrangements (pink, white, and/or green...no blue)
I think I just made Jennifer Lopez look low maintenance. Yikes. As most of you know....some of these aren't all that far fetched, but before you go thinking I'm a total bitch....in my real life these are what I'd call preferences....not requirements and I think that's what separates the me from the Divas.
So...what about you? Any diva demands?
2 comments:
You kill me. But that said, I could definitely hang out backstage....No Tito's or Jager?
good point Alicia. I have ammended this entry to make up for my glaring ommission of Tito's....and thus the need for the limes. I think Jager would probably be a post show indulgence.
Post a Comment