I'm beginning to think it doesn't....end that is. Hear me out.
Did you know that among several of my friends I am known as the "technical advisor." Some of you may have just fallen out of your chairs, but its true. While I do not pretend to know everything, I am pretty good with iPods, cell phones, web stuff, and the like.
We all know that I'm a fan of Facebook. In fact, I'm obsessed. If I haven't hazed you into joining Facebook yet, consider yourself warned....you are next. It's life changing! And if you haven't noticed, even the news media (everything from CNN to local stations) are utilizing Facebook. If you aren't a Facebooker you are truly out of the loop.
So obviously I'm on board with Facebook...I have drunk the proverbial kool-aid and I'm all in, but...I'm not so sure about the Twitter thing.
Do you know about Twitter? Just in case you don't....it is what "they" are calling a social networking and micro-blogging site where the only thing you do is update what you are doing. Kind of like your status updates on Facebook. It took me a while to get into the status updates on FB, but now I can't be stopped.....although I have learned to edit when and where I am since my boss is one of my friends on Facebook....not sure I want him to know when I have a "meeting" or "appointment" and scoot out early (or more importantly come in late after Sushi & Champagne night).
Truth be told I joined Facebook initially for work...hence my boss being one of my "friends." There is quite a movement for non-profits to jump into the social networking world. We do it to find supporters, find out opinions on certain issues/topics, post pictures and "share the face" of our respective missions, help out "link juice", etc....and it's free. Everyone who is anyone in the non-profit world is on Facebook, but this Twitter thing is really starting to take off as well.
So...Twitter. I'm just not sure I get it. I mean, I love to talk about me more than just about anyone I know...but even I wonder why anyone would "follow" me on Twitter. Could you possibly care what I'm doing all day, everyday? The non-profit and media world are using it big time. Even NASA, JetBlue, Austin American Statesman are on Twitter. So, I gave in and am officially on Twitter (circa last month) and I do "tweet" (the verb meaning to post to twitter). I'm constantly on the lookout for info on social networking and have found much research on Twitter, but I'm still not convinced.
Click here to read a pretty good article on the success of Twitter. And watch below to learn more. Kind of interesting.
So I ask you...faithful Leigh Leigh Landers...do you tweet? And if you do....for the love of God...why and what about??? Is there any real benefit to tweeting? Any insight would be much appreciated. Ohhh...maybe now I'll tweet that I'm blogging about tweeting. Where does it end?????
No comments:
Post a Comment